Construction Project Manager
- Madera, CA (relocation opportunity)
- $84,000 to 155,000 Annually
Position(s): SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a construction Project Manager (PM) position. Optimal candidates will have experience with design-build, steel building, projects and in managing projects in the capacity of a General Contractor.
A PM's role is essential to the success of a project during construction phases. PMs are engaged with our sales and estimating teams early on in the project in and are ultimately responsible in understanding and carrying out the construction of their assigned project. They are responsible for overseeing project organization, budgeting, scheduling, and execution. More specifically, the PM has complete responsibility to assure that any project assigned to them is completed to contracted specifications, in a safe manner, within both time frame and construction budget allotted.
75% of our projects come from existing clients who come back to us time and time again knowing they will receive the highest quality and service from us. PMs are responsible for building and maintain these positive client relationships throughout their project; striving for 100% customer satisfaction. No one else in company has a greater potential to affect the client’s attitude toward SPAN.
This position requires periodic travel to meet with our clients and other team members.
PMs work closely with estimators, the client, client representatives, subcontractors, assigned administrative assistant, onsite superintendents and consultants surrounding the project. If you want to join a team of people who pride themselves in being the best in the industry and always having an “anything is possible” attitude, then we want you here at #TEAMSPAN!
The Preferred PM Candidate Will Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college or technical school) in Construction Project Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction management, budgeting, coordinating, and overseeing commercial and/or industrial full turn-key projects
- 3 years' experience working with, writing, and issuing Owner and subcontractor contracts and change orders (from proposal to full execution)
- Experience with taking full responsibility for effectively communicating expectations to the onsite superintendent
- Knowledge of pre-engineered steel building structures (PEMB)
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience in communicating ideas, winning approval, and reaching resolutions with a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of all subtrades for full turn key-projects – with the ability to keep their finger on the pulse during project phases
- Communicating work to clients' contracted specifications as needed
- Proficient in reading construction drawings
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in everyday project responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships throughout the coordination of a project that focus on SPAN’s core values and meets or exceeds customers’ expectations
- Ability to be flexible, understanding that at times you must switch responsibilities in order to meet our clients’ demands
- Ability to effectively investigate time-sensitive situations by partnering with individuals for all pertinent details and (when needed) explore all options in order to get the job done in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Computer proficiency and utilization of company communication tools
- Highly proficient in selected software (Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word; Smartsheet experience a plus)
- Experience utilizing SAGE 300 project management-accounting integration software
- Manage multiple projects at a time, i.e. ‘multi-tasking’ is required
- Consistently works towards position goals outlined above
- Reviews and thoroughly evaluates contract, project scope, and other hand-off materials from the Pre-Construction Services Team to ensure a complete and comprehensive understanding of Owner contract, project budget and schedule
- Identifies SPAN- and Owner-driven priorities, and align with operational goals of the project
- is investigatory in order to understand the full scope of work and any project-specific considerations that have cost impacts
- Reviews architectural drawings for understanding and clarifies any conflicting information
- Reviews Pre-Engineered Building and vendor drawings for understanding of materials provided and installation requirements, clarifying any conflicting information
- Reviews subsequently issued drawings or project revisions; any pertinent changes must be accounted for with a change order to the client and in turn, conveyed to vendors/subcontractors/field personnel
- Partners with Controller regarding status of required local/state business license; ensures licenses are obtained
- Requisitions all labor, equipment and materials necessary to complete the project: work with engineering personnel as deemed necessary to finalize the material orders and to establishes guidelines for the execution of the engineering work required for the project
- Writes the necessary subcontracts and purchase orders needed, as needed, if not already executed by the Pre-Construction Services Team
- Ensures subcontractor insurance and safety requirements and/documentation are provided and adhered to per contract
- Conducts or attends a preconstruction meeting with the Owner and Subcontractors to ensure that everyone understands the requirements and schedule for the project
- Prepares progress billings in a timely manner in compliance with the requirements of the prime contract
- Reviews and authorizes vendor and subcontractor invoices, considering project budget
- Upon final completion of the project, walks the job with the Client for approval and projects feedback, receives and prioritizes completion of punch list items
- Provides critical and strategic input for potential options to enable the best chance of project success
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Attends team meetings as required
- Provides our clients and your co-workers with the highest level of service and quality
- ESOP – 100% Employee Owned
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast-paced work environment
Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Project Management (four-year college or technical school) or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager (specifically with structural steel projects) or 2 years of Construction Management experience in combination with 5+ years of experience in the field managing Pre-Engineered Metal Building construction projects.
Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
Proven experience in strong team/relationship building and influencing skills, a detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise communication skills.
Must be familiar with negotiated work sales environment as well as other alternative contracting methods such as partnering and joint ventures.
Experience with federal, state, regional, and local laws and regulations related to the construction industry.
Fiscal control and budgeting experience.
Ability to use a PC, tablet, or laptop. Proficient in suite of Microsoft Office products; PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Proficient in cell phone, application, and company communication tools such as email, internet, etc..
Certifications & Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License. OSHA 30.
Must be able to receive instruction and supervision. Must be able to be insured on Company’s insurance policy as a driver for the company. Excellent presentation and inter-personal skills. High level of discernment and the ability to communicate the reason to support your decisions and know when/who to involve when changes and problems arise.
If you’re interested in our industry and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.