Span Construction & Engineering, Inc. is a pioneer in state-of-the-art prefab steel construction, proudly operating as a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP) in the building industry. Since our inception in 1980 we’ve fostered enduring relationships as trusted advisors with our valued clients. We are the number one builder in our field. We are dedicated to providing exceptional engineering and construction services, having successfully completed over 214 million square feet of buildings to date, with ongoing projects 24/6 throughout the year.
Setting the industry standard, we prioritize safety, quality, and integrity in all our endeavors. We are inspired, challenged, and empowered to be and give our best every day, not only because we are each exceptional at what we do, but also because we are surrounded by hungry, humble and smart people.
About Our Project Coordinator Role:
As one of our Project Coordinators, you will play a vital role in ensuring the successful execution of construction projects. You will meticulously review project details, place orders for building materials, coordinate shipments, and provide crucial analytical support to the project management and field operations teams. You will partner with leadership, salesmen, estimators, and vendors to pave the way for project ease and success in the field. We will rely on you to proactively communicate and interface with internal and external teams to deliver the best services and quality throughout each phase of fast-paced construction.
Some of the things you will do as a Project Coordinator:
- Support an average of 70+ major projects per year, reviewing shop and architectural panel erection drawings, assisting with scope clarification, generating and tracking RFIs, and coordinating construction documents.
- Provide field support by clarifying details, managing material orders, and communicating RFIs.
- Work with on-site Superintendents, Project Managers, field teams, SPAN shop, and office employees to communicate project expectations and ensure adherence to client specifications.
- Proactively engage diverse internal teams and external stakeholders to anticipate, plan for, address, and resolve challenges.
- Attend construction meetings and complete issue report summaries for post-construction evaluation.
- Assist the Pre-Construction Services Department with estimating new projects.
- Serve as an ongoing mentor to fellow employees, and provide direction and oversight in the absence of a Supervisor.
- Safety is paramount for all employees, in all levels, at all times. Promote a culture that complies with OSHA and other safety policies, regulations and practices without fail.
Some of the Things We’re Looking For:
- A seasoned professional with 7 to 10+ years of experience in project coordination or project engineering or a related field. A BSME Degree is preferred.
- Advanced level skills in reading, analyzing and interpreting blueprints, plans, and specifications.
- High level of proficiency with CAD or 2D/3D software (AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, Revit, Sketchup) as well as project management tools such as ProCore, Bluebeam, SmartSheet, Excel, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills with a reputation for building and maintaining strong professional relationships.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with successful experience in supporting multiple projects concurrently.
- Adaptability and flexibility in managing shifting responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site as needed.
- Uncompromising commitment to maintaining safety, quality, and integrity in all aspects of work.
- ESOP – 100% Employee Ownership
- Per diem provided for work away from home
- Company-provided vehicle
- Comprehensive medical benefits and 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment